Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Fill Form 843 Garnishment

Instructions and Help about Fill Form 843 Garnishment

Hi I'm John Myrna and this week's video blog is who can intercept your tax refund your tax refund safe from garnishment it's a big question this time of year tax time can be an exciting if you're anticipating receiving a tax refund for some the anticipation can turn to anxiety as they are significantly behind on paying their debt there are two ways a creditor can intercept your tax refund the first is by getting it from the IRS directly before you receive it and the second is to garnish the bank account you deposited in or hold it in the general rule is federal law only lets state and federal agencies intercept your tax refund private creditors or individuals you owe money to cannot get your refund from the government so who can intercept my refund specifically well the Treasury offset program allows federal government agencies to collect outstanding debts by intercepting the tax refund to pay the debt state agencies as I say can also offset to pay past due court-ordered child support payment the list of people that can generally offset the tax refund ARS Falls the IRS obviously for back taxes debt owed to federal agencies as we said outstanding court-ordered child support overpayment of federal benefits including Social Security overpayment of unemployment benefits student loan debt which is a big one debt owed to state government agencies as I said who can take the refund from my from your bank account that is a little different as I said private creditors and collection agencies are not able to go to the IRS and have them turn over the tax refund however once your refund is deposited into your bank account either electronically or manually the money can be garnished the creditor will take the...

If you believe that this page should be taken down, please follow our DMCA take down process here.