Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Are Form 843 Reduction

Instructions and Help about Are Form 843 Reduction

My name is Patrick Sheehan and I am a former IRS attorney. How can your IRS penalties be reduced? The IRS can assess huge penalties on your tax bill, and sometimes, after say five years, the tax bill can nearly be doubled as a result of penalties and interest. However, sometimes we can ask the IRS to knock off the penalties and the interest on the penalties using something called a request for penalty abatement. You have to have the right factors to ask the IRS to knock off the penalties and interest. Not having the money or not knowing your responsibilities under the law is not good enough. What does work, though, is if you experienced a fire, flood, illness, injury, death, or something bad that happened to you that knocked you off your normally good taxpaying duties. And then, when that bad thing went away, now you became a good taxpayer again. In addition to this fact pattern, you also have to make sure that it lines up from a timing standpoint. If you had a bad illness ten years ago but you owe money today, that doesn't explain it. So, the bad fact pattern has to match with your unpaid tax liability. We file a very comprehensive document with the IRS called a request for penalty abatement where we persuade them to knock off the penalties and the interest on the penalties. You'll still owe the tax liability and the interest on the tax, but it'll be a far less amount that you'll have to pay. Call us at 877-4-IRS-LAW. You'll actually talk to a real lawyer who will answer your questions immediately. Call 877-4-IRS-LAW or visit our website at 877forIRSlaw.com. Call us before the IRS calls you.