Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Are Form 843 Overpayment

Instructions and Help about Are Form 843 Overpayment

Do interest and penalties stop while the appeal is pending interest and certain penalties will continue to accrue during the appeals process and during any subsequent tak court litigation on any amount remaining unpaid for this reason you might want to post up a bond as to the mountain dispute which will stop running of interest while you litigate interest begins running from the due date of the return at issue the IRS has three years from the filing date of that original return to adjust any amount they believed to be due again a taxpayer can stop the running of interest by simply paying the amount at issue and suing for a refund which I don't believe is a good idea in most cases because it's even harder to get your money back then to stop from having to pay it the first place or by putting a deposit down for the amount of the spute a deposit stops running of interest but does not deny the tax court jurisdiction over your case you need to know that if you make a deposit and you prevail later on in tax court or in the appeal you're not going to get paid interest on the amount of deposit while they have your money well thank you very much for watching this video if you have any questions or if you want to determine whether it makes logical sense for you to contest an IRS assessment through the appeals process or by going to tax court I'm more than happy to answer those type of question thank you.